Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Great Day

We had the greatest day today and I am so incredibly excited about it. Last week at dance class a few of the ladies and I started talking about story times at some of the local libraries and which ones we liked better then the others. Well that spured my thought and interest to get Breanna attending storytime once again. So as we walked in this morning to her scheduled storytime class we were so happy to realize that we recognized a few familiar faces. They were some of Breanna's dance class friends and of course their Mom's. We were both so excited. If it would have been appropriate I think that I would have jumped for joy. But I had to contain my joy and just flash them a big smile. Breanna was soooo happy. But being as grown up as she is, in such an adult manner she went and grabbed her carpet square and sat down very matter of fact next to her friend Elizabeth. Then she reached over and gave her a HUGE hug and told her how excited she was that she was there too. She then stood up and hugged her other two friends Anique and Chloe. We laughed, played and listened through out storytime and then afterwards realized that it was time to say goodbye. Breanna started to get sad but then Elizabeth's Mom came up and asked if we would like to continue the fun with them at the park. Today has been absolutely gorgeous so I definitely didn't object to having some fun in the sun. The girls played and played and had the best of time together. I was able to visit with the Moms and have a little bit of adult time which was SO nice. The ladies were very nice, around my age, and have similar interests. Before we left Breanna had been invited to a special Halloween activity in one of the girls neighborhoods this coming Saturday and Charlotte the Mom and I have planned some other fun activities to do together as the weather starts to get colder. I absolutely love meeting new people. It can be harder then you think ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR A STAY AT HOME MOM. :o) So thank goodness for gorgeous weather today, an outgoing daughter and very nice welcoming people.

Adding on to my fun day today, Breanna has filled it with laughter. After we got home I turned on the Ellen Show so that I could enjoy some laughs for a few minutes. Breanna was content looking at a book, but as soon as she heard Ellen start dancing she immediately jumped up and started dancing right along with her. She was not just moving along with the music, she was really bustin a move. Ellen tends to dance over her coffee table so Brea tried to dance over ours as well. She was absolutely putting her heart and soul into every move that she made and then afterwards fell to the floor and explained how she was "SO EXHAUSTED"... her " MOVES WERE SOOO HARD TODAY!" LOL what a funny little girl.

So then the other thing that I can't help but laugh myself silly with happened a little bit later. I had Carter laying in the hallway upstairs and Breanna picking up her room. All of the sudden I heard Carter squeal in laughter and Breanna laughing hysterically. I came upstairs to find out what was going on. Carter was totally decked out in a big hat, big necklace and princess shoes on his bare feet that when I left had socks and shoes on. She said "Oh what a CUTE baby Mommy. Doesn't he just look adorable!" I am so happy that she loves her brother so much that she even wants him to dress up. But should I be worried of what's to come next??

2 comments:

The Family Vacation said...

Katie,

Hope you got a picture! Those moments are so precious. Our little ones truly are a blessing and they grow up way too fast.

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Becky said...

Fun stuff! I love how Breanna was dressing up Carter. Reminds me of what I used to do to Steve when he was little . . .

I am so glad you met some other moms to get to know- truly that is the ONLY way to survive being a stay at home mom. I NEED adult conversation every once and awhile! And it is good for our little ones to have someone other than us to play with too. Another good resource I have heard of is MOPS (mother's of pre schoolers - - I think they just have a play group or something like that). I haven't actually been involved in one- but I have heard they are fun. Anyway, I love reading your blog! Sounds like you had a great Halloween too!