Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Fun

Well Breanna is finally at the age that she can REALLY enjoy Halloween. She was sooo excited to go Trick or Treating this year she could hardly stand it. We got her dolled up, full face of make-up, glittery pig tailed hair and all and went up to Snoqualmie Ridge where our good friends The Ehrlich's live. They have a very cute neighborhood that is extremely kid friendly so we knew that it would be the perfect place for Brea to get the hang of the whole Trick or Treating thing. Just at the time that we were heading out the door Carter decided that he was hungry so I stayed back at the house, fed baby and handed out candy to some adorable little cows, princesses, firemen and cheerleaders just to name a few. Chris took on the duty of taking Brea around with her friends. At first she was a bit hesitant to go and ring stange peoples doors, but then she really caught on and thought it was the COOLEST thing in the world. She kept running back to Chris saying "Daddy I got candy again and I don't know why!!!..... Halloween is SO COOL!!" After a few hours of trouncing through the neighborhood her poor little witch legs were tired and needed some rest so they made their way back to the house. She quickly showed me her bag stuffed full of candy and started searching through it all. Looking at it must have given her another jolt of excitment though because next thing I knew I was bundling myself up to go and walk around the parts of the neighborhood that she hadn't gotten to yet. I was of course more then happy to do it. Can I just say real quick of what a BIG girl she's becoming. Isn't there supposed to be a secret pause button somewhere that us parents are allowed to push to keep our kids from growing up so fast. It's happening right before my eyes and I don't know how to stop it or deal with it for the fact. Well needless to say by the end of our Halloween excursion and tremendous amounts of fun we had one cashed out Barbie witch and a slumbering spider in the back seat of our car. They were so adorable! Thank God for children and all of the smiles that they bring to our lives.

No comments: