Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Frienships

Ok, so you know how I've mentioned before that I am so amazed with the friendships that we are making here in Seattle. Well today that feeling was reconfirmed even more as I had the opportunity to spend all day with Breanna and our next door neighbors at the Woodland Park Zoo here in Seattle.

As my friend Vanessa (the Mom/Wife) and I were chatting today I realized how important it is to extend yourself and meet new people within your surroundings as you may have more similarities then you ever originally would have imagined. The two of us chatted ALL DAY LONG about everything under the sun. I learned about her likes & dislikes, her extended family, all the way down to her decorating style at Christmas. So many of the things that she said were exactly how I do things, enjoy in life, or have experienced. And let me tell ya, we were so excited when we figured out that we both really like to "Do Things Up" at Christmas and have decided that our townhouse is going to be the most festive on the entire island that we live on.

Vanessa and her husband have 2 kids, 6 & 4 and as I watched them interact with my little Breanna today I was overwhelmed with joy, they not only get along very well, but are helpful and kind to one another. The oldest is extremely loving and nurturing and was always making sure that Breanna was alright and taken care of, and the younger one and Breanna really became buddies later in the day as they held hands and walked along the paths together. It was the cutest thing to watch as she would look up at him and smile to her hearts delight and he would act a little shy, but brush it off and keep on walking. Seeing those smiles on my daughter's face through out the day made me truely feel like building these friendships, and breaking down that ever so guarded "used to be" comfort zone is so completely worth it.

Friendships have always meant the world to me, the more I build, the stronger and more outgoing person I become, and I must say....I am extremely happy with that outcome. :o)

No comments: